Privacy and cookies policy
We at Darley collect information about our website users for three main reasons:
(1) To deliver information efficiently to users who request information from Darley, or who want to use website tools such as the Request a Nomination Form or the Bid For Glory auction system, and who supply us with their name, address, email and other details. Once you have given us your details, we place a small file called a ‘cookie’ on your computing device (which could be a desktop PC, laptop, mobile phone or tablet) so that the website knows who you are when you return, and can therefore offer useful functionality, such as remembering your username.
(2) To allow us to improve our website by gathering anonymous data about you and your browsing habits, analysing which webpages visitors access, and seeing how many return to our website. This is done using Google Analytics and involves cookies being set on visitors’ computing devices. Unlike the cookie described in (1) above, these cookies gather no personal details about you, and all visitors remain anonymous. We do not allow third parties any access to the data from these cookies, such as advertisers or partners, No third parties such as advertisers have access to this data, nor does our website ever place any cookies on behalf of any third parties.
Opting out of cookies and Google Analytics
To protect your privacy, we have established the following three principles:
(1) If you have given us your details, Darley’s staff may use them to contact you by phone, text, email or post as part of fulfilling a request by you (such as asking for a brochure) or an order you have placed with us (such as buying a nomination using the Bid For Glory system), or to provide you with information about our services on an ongoing basis, or more generally to make our service to you, the customer, as efficient as possible. As part of our marketing work, we may from time to time invite you to participate in surveys and other research relating to Darley and its services. You can unsubscribe from receiving all such information and/or contacts simply and easily at any time, either by writing to us at the address below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) We will never sell, rent, or otherwise trade your details to any third party, and no third parties such as advertisers have access to your details.
(3) We will continue to invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of the latest security technology.
How does Darley protect customer information?
All customer data is kept in a private and secure environment that is accessible only by Darley staff with appropriate security clearance. We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy.
Will Darley disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
As described in our principles above, we will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to third parties – ever. Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
Access to your own data
You can ask us to show you the data we have collected about you at any time, by writing to:
The Main Office
Dalham Hall Stud
Suffolk CB8 9HE
Please note that such written requests will need to be accompanied by photocopies of a household or utility bill in your name and of the photo page of your driving licence or passport. Please also include a daytime telephone number and email address so that we can verify that the request to access your data is coming from you, and not someone else.
Legal information under the Data Protection Act
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act of 1998, the Data Controller for this website is Darley Stud Management Ltd, Dalham Hall Stud, Duchess Drive, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 9HE, United Kingdom.